remington 700 bdl owners

watchale

Just, bought a rem. 700 bdl. I don't have much experience picking scope mounts and bases. So I was hoping some of u fellas could help me out. I will either put a bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 or a nikon monarch 2.5-10X42 on this rifle in .270. So I would like to know from some rem. 700 bdl owners with long actions which mounts & rings will work with either of these scopes. I prefer 2 piece mounts. & I like the integral rings also.

Last edited:
I have used Weaver, Leupold, and Redfield(30mm), all 2 piece, all satisfactory. The Weavers' are QD so that is a bit more flexible in changing scopes, the Leupolds' are the std, so not so flexible, but quite sturdy. Same for the Redfields'.

I personally think you get more stability with one piece mounts, but good two piece mounts are still OK. I like the Leupold system with the front ring in a dovetail and the rear ring in a windage adjustable clamp.

I have Leupold bases and rings and the Bushnell Elite 4200 ill. reticle on mine. Best deer hunting setup I ever had.

I just sighted a new BDL in for my bosses son. Great gun. Good factory trigger.

Back