Remington 700 barrel w/ muzzle break

Supp0rtLinux

I have a Remington 700 SPS in 30-06 Springfield. I'm interested in going with a custom barrel with a muzzle break, a fluted barrel would be fine as well. Ideally, it would be a black parkerized one as well (like the stock ones). Unfortunately, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the right google search to find one. Anyone out there have any suggestions for a third party, 30-06 barrel with a muzzle break for a Remington 700 SPS?

Thanks in advance...

A gunsmith will have to install the barrel. So why not go to one you trust? A muzzle brake also has to be installed by the gunsmith or the brake mfg.

You did not say if you are changing calibers or staying with the 30-06. Usually the brakes are more effective with the high intensity calibers.

Make it two google searches, instead. One for the barrel. Then another for the brake. Get the barrel threaded and the brake installed by a competent smith. Here are a few well respected pieces.

Barrels
Brux
Broughton
Kreiger
Hart
Lilja
Bartlein
Shilen

Brakes
Defensive Edge
Center Shot
Surefire
Holland

I can see a Brake on a Magnum, but on an '06? If you're not recoil shy and want to keep your hearing, ditch the Brake and get a Limbsaver Pad.

Forget the brake, it makes it annoying for everyone around you, and will make you deaf prematurely. I don't even have a brake on my 7 pound 340 Weatherby.

I am a kreiger fan bartlin are made form former employees of Kreiger so they know their stuff.

It is sad to hear you want to ruin a good barrel by fluting it. Fluting a barrel adds heat and stress to a barrel. Then you have to have it cryoed to remove that.

I would just go with a sightly shorter barrel with a decent profile and then add the break is you so desire.

Please explain how fluting a barrel ruins it. This is the first that I've ever heard that fluting a barrel adds heat and stress to a barrel

http://www.hollandguns.com/

Hollands....Darryl is one of the best rifle builders in the USA.

He will rebarrel and flutte your barrel as well as install one of his brakes.

He has built me many rifles and is a real pro.

Call and talk with him...get the facts !

Brakes make centerfire rifles a pleasure to shoot !

Back