Remington 700 Aftermarket Stocks.

dcramirez55

Inactive
I plan to buy a couple rifles pretty soon, one of them being a Remington 700. Don't ask me which yet, still trying to figure that out! Through my research I've come across a ton of different stocks, and I've narrowed it to three that I like. Now the following have high ratings (from the website of course) so I'd like to see if anyone on the forum has owned or owns one of the following. Does it affect the accuracy and recoil like it says it does, or was it a waste of the dough? I've looked up the Blackhawk Knoxx U/L stock, the AICS stock, or the Bell & Carlson A5. These have all received some pretty good reviews, but I want to hear it from real folk.

The first 2 are pretty heavy for a deer hunting rifle. I don't know about the 3rd. I've never seen any of them with nice-figured wood...

-tINY

I bought a Bell & Carlson Medalist for my Rem 700 SPS Varmint and it improved my average group size by between 0.15 and 0.2 inches overall. I've measured the difference with the same loads over an average of more than 50 groups with each stock, so that improvement if real.

The change from the factory stock on the SPS Varmint with the pillar bedded B&C stock free floated the barrel back to the front recoil lug. I think that was the major cause of the accuracy improvement.

I would do it again anytime.

All of those choices are for a tactical type rifle. If I were setting up a tactical rifle I'd probably go with the B&C of your choices, or I'd look at HS-Precision.

If you want it for a hunting rifle, I wouldn't want any of these choices.

I have a 700 SPS in a Bell&Carlson Medalist A3 stock and it made a big difference in accuracy. Very well made stock.

Back