Remington 700 adl

jontz

I have a lead on a new, never fired Remington 700 ADL with no scope on it. I know a little about the particulars of this rifle, but I am having problems putting a value to it. I know it has been replaced by the SPS. I've seen the ADL on Gander Mountain for $529, but I've seen people on forums saying they've bought them at Wal Mart for $379 (black stock). This one has the camo stock, not sure how big a difference that makes.

Anyway, the guy is asking $450 for it (with a cheapo bi-pod and a sling, again no scope). This seems a little high to me all things considered. What do you all think?

That price is high. And it probably has the old trigger that's in the news if that makes any difference to you. Look on GunBroker to see what that should go for...

jontz said:
I have a lead on a new, never fired Remington 700 ADL with no scope on it. ..(snip).. Anyway, the guy is asking $450 for it

You don't know that it is new, or unfired. The fact that your buying it from another person makes me think that it's a used rifle, and again, we don't know if it's been fired or not. Caveat Emptor. I don't call a firearm new unless it is in a store and I get the box and all appurtenances that normally come with a boxed firearm.

I picked up a used 1983 Remington 700 ADL last year for $450.00, but it came with bases, rings, and a Leupold scope. But, that's the nature of these transactions. Sometimes you get a good deal, sometimes the other fellow gets a good deal.

I got mine new on sale from Dick's for $450 almost two years ago. It's a .223 Varmint with Mossy Oak Brush stock. It came with a 4-12x40 Remington Scope. It also has the new X-Mark trigger.

I think the one you are looking at is overpriced.

I got the same deal as Marquez, I have seen that the sale happens a few times a year. I would just wait until they are offered on sale again.

local walmart had cammo stocked adls with cheap 3x9 scopes for 440 bucks. Id say the value of a used adl like that is probably closer to 300 bucks.

Back