Remington 700 ADL

bjones870

My local academy sports has a Remington 700 ADL for sale for 389.99. What
Is the difference between this rifle and the 700's that are $800?

Quality of the stock - looks better, has better finish, and is typically more accurate because it's a better fit to the receiver and doesn't flex to touch the barrel/is free floated

Detachable Box magazine (some models), so you can pull your bullets out through the bottom instead of chambering and unchambering each round.

Quality of finish on the rifle itself - looks better or is more weather resistant.

And there is possibly some other changes, but the 700 ADL is (to the best of my knowledge) something they sell only to specific stores, so I don't know everything about it. I own a 700 ADL from back when it was their standard rifle, and think its great, but don't know about these.

Well I'm planning on putting a new stock on it anyway. So would it be worth it to get anything other than the ADL anyway?

The BDL has more options when looking for a stock. I'm looking for a stock for my ADL right now, and having a hard time finding exactly what I want. See if you can find the stock you want for an ADL before buying the gun. They do sell an ADL to BDL conversion, but it was around $140.

Don't listen to what people say about the "new" ADL's I have one in 3006 and I can cloverleaf 4 rounds with winchester super X 150 grain rounds at 100 yards. Only thing I have done is add a nikon prostaff scope withe leupold rings and bases. Buy the rifle they are great better than my savage with the accu trigger.

If you plan on restocking it, then there are probably no concerns in buying the ADL. As long as they have the caliber and barrel length you want, then should be good.

I agree with the previous poster that the ADL can be hard to find aftermarket stocks. Not sure your level of experience here, but you would have to find one without the detach box magazine and then also short/long action depending on your caliber. It seems to me the short action is easier to find in long action for the ADL.

That's an excellent price. and yes, it's hard to find after market stocks for an ADL. I have one. No desire to change stock on it. It's a .223 Varmint and it shoots better than I am capable. If there was one thing I could change it would be a DBM.

Get it if you want it. :)

the adls are a hell of a bang for the buck. Your getting a 700 rem for what many sell just a 700 action for. Only downside as far as i go is the lack of a floor plate. Ive bought a couple new rems in the last 2 years and stepped up to an sps just to get the floorplate. Its just a safer way to unload a gun. Granted though if your buying a new stock the differnce in price between a adl and an sps would probably buy you two floor plate assemblys.

Ok I lied

So I looked around for stocks last night, call me a monkey's uncle, there are tons available. Only thing the good ones cost as much as the rifle or more and even the low end cost about half of the rifle. I'm looking for a DBM conversion if possible and if not then a floor plate would be the back up plan.

some may disagree with me but id keep the stock on it and spend the money free floating it and glass bedding the action. Ive got a couple sps rems that shoot under an inch at a 100 yards and theroreticaly the stock on the adl without the floor plate cutout should be even more rigid and unless your looking for 1/2 moa accuracy your not going to gain much bang for the buck in a new stock.

Back