Remington 700 ADL Review

Palmetto-Pride

So I just bought a new Remington 700 ADL Camo in .270win from Wal-Mart for $449.00 plus tax. I know that Big Green has gotton a bad reputation lately for poor quality, but when I looked this gun over in the store I couldn't find anything wrong with it. It felt great, bolt felt smooth, and the finish didn't have any flaws in it, the trigger was a bit heavy, but I can fix that. So I took a chance and bought it. If it will shoot 1.5" MOA or less I will be happy. I mounted a Nikon 3-9x50 Prostaff on it with Talley one piece med rings. The real test is about to come today when I take it to the range to sight it in, will update and let know if I just wasted close to $500.00.....lol

I bought a 700ADL Varmint at Dick's last year for $419 after the Remington $50 rebate. With the "crappy" stock I get .59moa at 100yds with my handload of 168gr SMK over 42grs of RL-15.

Review update

Well I had a chance to make it to the range today and I am very pleased with the way it shoots I manged a .93 MOA 4 shot group, yea I know it should have been 5, I thought I had 5 rounds left but only had 4. I did lower the trigger pull from a heavy factory 5+lbs to around 3lbs (guess I voided the warranty) Yes I did misspell Hornady in the pic and I do write like a 1st grader.....lol

0f17ba22.jpg
[/IMG]

My very first centerfire rifle was a 700 ADL in 6mm Rem.
It got .75" five shot groups at 100 yards with 48gr IMR 4350 (compressed load) under Sierra 75gr HPs to achieve a muzzle velocity of 3610 fps.

I did shoot the barrel out fairly quickly along with a lot of coyotes.

Back