Remington 700 ADL from Dicks

Lennyo3034

Inactive
I recently purchased a one of these rifles from Dicks Sporting Goods in .308. It basically seems to be an SPS Varmint with a blind floorplate and a mossy oak camo stock. Does anyone else have experience with this model? So far, I've replaced the stock with an HS precision one off of a Remington 5R.

I was wondering about the torque specs for the stock, as well as specifics on the barrel. The stock was torqued to 45 in-lbs as per recommendations from an armorer friend of mine, although everything I've read online says 65. He said the torque specs depends on the model rifle: 25 in-lbs for standard sporter models, 45 for the varmint and tactical/police models, and 65 in-lbs for the M24 only. Does anyone else have insight on this?

I also assumed the barrel was a 4-groove, 1 in 12 twist, which is what I thought the SPS Varmint barrel was. However after recently cleaning the barrel, I most definately counted 6 grooves as opposed to 4. I have not tested the rate of twist yet.

I have this same rifle. Even with the cheesy stock I got .69moa. I would be interested in what you come with as far as twist rate.

Back