Remington 700 .223 Laminated Varmit Rifle

doceaux

Hey Fellow rifle manics, just picked up a LNIB Rem 700 in .223 with a 26 inch bull barrel this aint't a carry gun. Tell me how you use yours and share any good load data. I plan to run some Hornaday V-max 55gr throught it this weekend. Its topped with a Nikon 4x14 buckmaster, what should expect for groups at 100, 200.

I load 55 gr V-Max in Hornady brass with CCI primer and 27.4 gr BL-C(2). Results are less than 1 MOA at 100 yards and picking off golf balls at 200 and 340 yards. Love it!

It is a VLS. Mine is in .308, I mainly use it for pigs. I thought the laminated stock was a bit gaudy so I took it off and put a PSS stock on it. It is quite accurate with a Weaver K4 fixed power scope...

I have this same rifle and I use Rem brass, Rem bench rest primers, Bench mark powder, 25.4 grains, 52 gr Sierra HPBT. It will shoot 1/2" groups all day if I do my part. I have a 6.5 x 20 Sightron on it. I removed the tip pressure when I first got it as it seemed to wonder as it heated up, by floating the bbl stopped that. Great gun, fun to shoot and load for as most every thing I have run throught it shoot well under 1".

We hunt pigs in a Condor area so we have to use lead free ammo. We use 168gr Barnes X bullets over 42.5 grains of IMR 4350. They work! I have a freezer full of homemade sausage to prove it...

I have the very same rifle but with a Nikon Buckmaster 6x-18x Target dot on mine. My load is Winchester brass, Sierra 55 gr Blitzking, 26 grs Varget and a CCI 400 primer. 5 shot groups at 100 yards with everyone of the touching each other. I,too, free floated the barrel after shooting it some. I haven't put this load across my chrony yet so I can give you the velocity but the bullet is setted as long as the magazine allows me to go.

Back