Remington 600/660 bottom "metal"

steveNChunter

Where's the best place to buy a REAL trigger guard for my Remington 660?

I want either aluminum or steel, not the plastic piece of junk that came from the factory. It was warped when I bought the gun and I haven't yet got around to replacing it.

I found a guy on ebay who machines them from 6061 billet aluminum for $79, +$11 shipping. Is that about the best deal I'll find or does anyone know of a better deal?

This fella was making alloy TG's @ $75 + $10 S&H

Willie Manning - Coquille Valley Machine Works
54511 Arago/ Fishtrap Rd
Myrtle Point, Oregon 97458

(tel) 541-396-6246

My guess is $75.00 is around a low wholesale price, and is very good. The large stores will double on it, so I could see them costing $150 retail from some places.

This fella was making alloy TG's @ $75 + $10 S&H

Willie Manning - Coquille Valley Machine Works
54511 Arago/ Fishtrap Rd
Myrtle Point, Oregon 97458

(tel) 541-396-6246

This is who I ended up ordering one from. This guy had the ad on eBay I was referring to. Seems to be the best deal around.

Dixie Gunsmithing said:
My guess is $75.00 is around a low wholesale price, and is very good. The large stores will double on it, so I could see them costing $150 retail from some places.

Willie's TG's cannot be found @ retail locations.

Willie sells direct, maker-to-end user, and not to wholesalers, AFAIK.

PetahW,

I would say that is why Heritage's are $150 at Brownell's, after the markup. My guess is Heritage is probably about the same, at $75.00 or a little higher wholesale, but don't know, as I've never bought from them directly, just that about everything of any value is around that markup. We get a dealer discount from Brownell's, but nothing near half, more like 10-15% off list.

Willie sells direct, maker-to-end user, and not to wholesalers, AFAIK.

PetahW- I believe you are right about that.

The trigger guard I ordered from him should have arrived in the mail today, if so I'll let y'all know about it. Looks, fit & finish, etc.

Well I received my trigger guard in the mail and slapped it on my rifle. I am very pleased with it. It fits better than the original plastic one, and the semi-gloss black finish looks good and seems to be pretty durable. If I ever buy another 660/600, I will definitely have another one.

I know the 660 was a "budget" rifle, a little cheaper than the 700, but that plastic trigger guard was a design flaw by Remington. A cheap piece of plastic turns an otherwise beautiful rifle into ...well it's nice but...

steveNChunter,

Yes, and several gun companies are using plastic now too. If I recall, I think I saw them using plastic on a Browning T-Bolt, which I think is deplorable.

On Remington, the Viper .22 rifle they made was almost all plastic, with a few sheet metal parts. The bolt was the only major steel part besides the barrel. Of course, they don't even want to recognize they made this rifle now, either.

OMG ! You're making me feel REALLY old !

In 1969, I had already finished military service & my first 2 rugrats were running around the house while I was TV watching Neil Armstrong land on the Moon.

By then, just about every major player was "economizing", making big quality changes (not for the better, sadly) in their product line(s) - why gun scribes & veteran gunnies were upset.

I know this post is old , but I also noticed that my number is wrong, and this post comes up on top when "Remington 600 trigger guard" is Googled.
So I thought I would clarify, My number is 541-260-6246
And for those interested in my trigger guard the price is $80.00 to any door in the U.S.

600%20remington%20trigger%20guard%20006%201_zpsmspwt1o9.jpg

Thank you for the update as there have been posts with people searching for a metal trigger guard for the 600. After seeing your picture, I may order one for mine.

Welcome to the forum.

Back