remington 597 magnum

Personally, i would avoid it. I had the LR version and those little action rods are a real Pain in the ARSE! Accurate as heck, but don't expect more than a box before a thorough breakdown and cleaning is needed. IMHO! I LOVE BOLT ACTION 22 MAGNUMS!

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

I have a 22 LR version, and I love it. While it blew out the extractor after about 4 boxes of ammo, the authorized repair station fixed it free and I've never had a jam or problem since. I've fired about 2000 rounds through it since the repair. That said...I love my Marlin 882 bolt action .22 magnum. It provides good off-season practice for my bolt action big game rifles and is pure instant death on gound squirrels and jackrabbits. All my experience with .22 magnum rifles (Mossbergs and other Marlins) is that they are very picky about which ammo they like. Try them all before investing in a brick of something your rifle doesn't like...mine does not like the Maxi Mag +V and I bought a brick at a gun show because the price was right! It prefers the 40 gr Winchester loads, with groups half the size of the lighter bullets.

[This message has been edited by Calif Hunter (edited May 15, 2000).]

Back