Remington 597 magnum

If you're still interested, in all honesty it's a good little rifle. Mine seems to like most brands of bullets and will print in the 1.75" range(100 yards). It is as good as ruger's 22lr( I haven't shot ruger's new 22 mag).
The drawback is the same with any semi auto rimfire, the trigger, it's to heavy.
With adjustment(needs to be done by a qualified person) it will break at about 3 lbs, a descent weight. Mine factory was breaking at 7 lbs, or about the same as a ruger 10/22. Then the accurasy was just over 2". I bought mine for use on vermin where a quick 2nd 3rd or 4th shot is sometimes needed. If you can get by with one shot, I'd suggest one of the bolt actions, preferably a heavy barrel. That way a 1-1.25" group at 100 yards is very atainable and the trigger can be adjusted easily with simple hand tools. Directions are everywhere online for bolt action trigger adjustment.

I know this thread is about a month old but I thought Id add to it. I just bought a remington 597 magnum about a week ago and took it to the range today. It seems to be a pretty decent rifle. Out of 200 rounds I had 4 failure to feeds and those were with federal 50 grain ammo and cci +V. I also fired cci maxi mags and winchester super x. The winchesters proved to be the most accurate and also were 100% reliable, not to mention $1 cheaper than the rest. With the cci ammo my groups at 25 yards were about the size of a baseball and the federals were about the size of a softball, not the greatest. But when I tried the winchesters they suddenly closed down to the size of a quarter I was surprise that there would be such a difference between ammo. well anyway I hope someone found this info useful.

Back