Remington 541 custom sporter ammo ?

rebs

I know every gun is different but I am looking for an ammo to start with for accuracy out of this rifle.

If you have this rifle what ammo have you found to be the most accurate ?

You could start with Eley Black Box, then try Lapua's second-best, then RWS 50.

I wouldn't waste money by getting Eley Tenex or Lapua's best until you find out which brand ammo the rifle likes best. I haven't had good luck with RWS cheaper ammos, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't have good luck with them.

Most of the lower grades in the big three are lots that just didn't measure up to factory standards for the best. That doesn't mean it won't shoot just as well in YOUR rifle. Many benchrest matches are won with second-line ammo.

For general shooting, I've found CCI Standard Velocity to be very consistent and some lots capable of 1/2" groups at 50 yards.

CCI Green Tag or Federal Champion Match ammo for general target shooting shoots the best out of my 541T if I am looking for standard velocity. Winchester Super-X shoots best out of the high velocity rounds, but I generally shoot American Eagle copper plated HP because I can always find it.

Unless you have a serious target rifle and are shooting a match, I would never even consider spending $10/box for ammo, so RWS and Eley are out.

Back