Remington 40X

mic007tfp

What is the difference between the Remington 700 models and the Remington 40X? I saw the Remington 40X at a show and the rifle was 2x the price of the top of the line Remington 700. What makes it worth so much?

Well, the stock, the barrel, the fine trigger, and a lot of careful fitting and workmanship. Plus the 40-XB is a single shot to provide greater rigidity in the action.

All that being said, I have seen 700s straight out of the box that would shoot with the best 40-XBs.

Jim

The regular 700 is a factory assembly line product. The 40x are produced in the Custom Shop downstairs (near the musem/country store). Swing by Illion NY for a factory tour. You won't regret it.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Jim, I hope you held on to those 700s!
You pay more for the above mentioned items and you don't even get a safety! You can, or could get a 2oz trigger. I do not own a 700 in .223 but I do own a 40XBBR. With an outdated Tasco #708 20x40 scope it will still wear out the same hole all day long at 100 yards with it's pet loads. No flyers, no "I pulled that one" no problem. Mine is old so I can't comment on what is coming out now but if Remington is still doing the job and you want a very accurate rifle it's worth the money.
It's over accurate for hunting and plinking
but what the heck are toys for.
Good Shooting, Hank

Hi, Hank,

As you know, sometimes a regular factory rifle, maybe one out of a thousand, just seems to "work". The next serial number won't shoot "deer huntin" groups. With a true target rifle, the odds go the other way and maybe more so. The 40 series ain't cheap, but it beats buying a thousand or ten thousand guns and testing them.

Jim

Back