Remington 1903

drunkinjun

Inactive
Hi. new to this forum. Got a question regarding a Remington 1903 I purchased at an auction. The top of the receiver says US, Remington, Model 1903 30365XX there are no other markings or stamps I beleive it is in 3006 cal but not really sure. When I look at 1903's on the internet (PICS) it appears that this rifle had a long stock much like the old Mausers and the front and rear sights are different. there are two wear marks at each end of the barrel where it appeared to have a different sighting system. The stock was either cut or a different stock was put on, shorter more sporting style much like new remington's, The question is should I try and find the correct stock and sight system for this rifle or leave as is. Just out of curiousity what is this rifle worth, how do I research the serial number to see when it was made and if it was used in a war? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It would have been .30-06 originally, but could have been rechambered to something else.

Manufacture date of your rifle was 1942

Post pics so we can see what you have.

Restoring it to original .gov configuration may or may not be feasible depending on what was done to it.

Value is variable.

Welcome to TFL!

Last edited:
H:20
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back