remington 1100 questions

wolfe 21

Was in the lgs and saw a used 1100 12ga. Price was $350. Gun was 28" mod, no rib, 2-3/4 chamber, synth camo stock, carry wear on the receiver and some slight surface pitting...
My question is would this be a good gun for a t!ctical project and is this price fair? Honestly seems a little high to me.

James

Average price

Average price for an 1100 with 2 3/4" 28" Remchoke Vent Rib is somewhere around $450 (check out Gunbroker.com). The barrel could be sold by you (PM me I just sold three 1100 barrels for a fair price) and replaced with a more suitable barrel for your purposes.

I have six 1100s and love them...

If it seems high, offer less. What's the worst thing they do? Say "No"?

I owned a couple of Remington 1100's, with 28" Modified,vent rib barrels back in the day. Killed my first buck with one of them. Unless she's sold it my ex still has one (that girl could bust a clay pegion with it too). They were good shooting, good looking guns.

I wouldn't want one with a synthetic stock, but it would probably work well for what you're talking about.

As described, I think that is high even though prices seem to be on the rise at present. Look around on GunBroker at what's available. You can get choke tubes installed for less than $100 by a competent gunsmith, but I would at least want to start with a vent rib barrel.

Back