Rem. Model 660 Bolt removal

72gator

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the bolt for clean and soforth. The gun is my wife's and is going to be used by me 13 year old daughter this deer season. I would like to be able to clean it thoroughly. Also, I installed a new scope last weekend and was unable to bore-sight it. Anyone have any ideas.

P.S. Squeezing and holding the trigger doesn't work, and I couldn't find any other mechanism for the purpose of removing the bolt.

On the rear left of the action, beside the bolt, there is a little lever. Press it with a small screwdriver or punch. Hold it down while you draw the bolt out.

There is nothing there. Nothing that I could see anyway. There are two screws (a little bigger than eyeglass screws) that go into the metal in the area you described, but nothing more.

" Open the bolt and move it part way to the rear. Use a small tool to depress the bolt stop, located at the left rear of receiver on the inside.next to the bolt. Hold the stop down , and remove the bolt toward the rear. As the bolt emerges from the receiver, it must be lifted to clear the right lug over the safety". Gun Digest Book of Firearm Assembly and Disassembly., Center fire rifles.

OK. We have achieved comprehension! I got it now. TY scorch and Rjay. That is not convenient at all. I appeciate the help Gentlemen!

[That is not convenient at all]

That's usually the case with econo-guns - they're not made with the same conveniences as their pricier stablemates.

After all - the Model 660 was directly descended from the Model 600.

Back