Rem model 33

drothen

I recently inherited my Dad's old 22, which is a Remington model 33 bolt action single-shot. It has a scope mounted on the left side. I have been unable to find a serial number, so I have not been able to date it or order a manual off the Remington web page. I removed the stock, but only a proof mark was on the bottom of the receiver. I figured out how to take the bolt out, but no serial number there, either. Where else should I look?

Thanks.:confused:

Probably nowhere.

Prior to GCA '68, there was no requirement that a firearm be serial numbered, and many of the less expensive ones, even from the major manufacturers, weren't.

Drothen, Mike is correct. The Remington Model 33 was made from 1932-1935, long before there was any requirement to have a serial number engraved on a firearm. If you want to contact Remington with your request for a manual you email them directly at info@remington.com. Just include your name & mailing address with your specific information and you'll get a response within two business days acknowledging your request. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

They did show a manual available for the model 33. Even if it doesn't match exactly, its better than no manual at all. It's a pretty simple gun, but I just like having a manual.

Thanks for your help.

Back