Rem 870 - What am I Doing Wrong

jackstrawIII

Hey guys. Tried to install a new Magpul forend onto my 12 gauge 870. Everything went together fine, but the forend won't slide over the receiver when you pull the pump/slide back.

It's like it was made for a narrower receiver... which doesn't make sense.

What am I doing wrong?

Well there goes that theory. If you'd said "A" that's a Super Mag and it's not compatible.

Can you post a picture of what's binding? The forend won't cover the receiver much at all even when it's full aft.

remington870_magpul_forend.jpg

????

I don't see how you can put it on backwards as you would not be able to install/fit, the magazine tube castle nut. .... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

I don't see how you can put it on backwards as you would not be able to install/fit, the magazine tube castle nut. ....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not backwards.

As far as ejecting, the forend assembly it won't even go on far enough to "lock" back in place. The slide rails will go in a few inches until the magpul part hits against the receiver, but then the whole forend assembly will pull right back out again and separate from the receiver entirely.

After looking at the picture zoomie posted and the linked picture from the OP, I'd say it looks to be mounted backwards. But, I've never installed one of these myself.

The photo the OP posted is backwards compared to the original photo. One of them is backwards. I didn't think it was possible to get a forend on backwards.

Well, there you go. Looks like I put it on backwards. Haha I knew I was doing something wrong.

Thanks all. I’ll go hide in shame now haha.

Back