rem 870 price check

KelTeKee

Hey folks, I have a friend that is selling a rem870 12g, parkerized, pistol grip folding stock(from top), bag, cleaning kit, stamped "police magnum". He is offering it to me for $300. Is this fair? Is the mossberg a 500 a better buy? Thanks.

i got a black matte express magnum with nylon stocks for 244$ at walmart of all places,i couldnt resist. a simmons scope and a see thru side mount was another 80$.them cop folders are murder on the cheekbone man.

Old Hawk: you're right on the cheek deal! I tested it out and I was kinda afraid to put my cheek there but I did. I didn't give me smack but I sure as hell stayed clear of it after the first shot of slug! Actually the slug almost knocked me on my ass! I'm only 5'5"@150 and no buff guy. Cop folder is a great name for it! It's real accurate though, and I was thinking of it as a partner to my 357 mag for HD.

Myagency used those folders briefly,in some rapid response vehicles. They stopped issuing them after a few folks got their cheeks cut.

870 yes, folder no.

The price is good, but not if it isn't convertible to a stocked configuration. Then again, it'll cost you $50-$70 to convert it, which is about the average price for a police model anyway (including the $300 initial cost, of course).

[This message has been edited by B Shipley (edited July 02, 2000).]

How about looking into selling the folding stock on ebay? You might be able to sell it off at a nice price (60-90 bucks was the last price range I have spotted them topping out at). You can use the money made there to buy a walnut stock (870 Police Magnums have walnut stocks if I am correct) from Gun Parts Corp. (frequently advertises specials on 870 stocks around 30-40 bucks) and a stock screw and buttplate w/h screws.

Back