Rem. 870 20 ga. HD Barrel?

Captain Bligh

I want to pick up a Rem. 870 Express this year to send a 20 gauge Browning A-5 in to semi-retirement now that they've stopped making them. I'd like something for hunting that I can also swap out an 18.5" barrel to use for home defense.

The last Remington catalog I saw seemed to suggest they only make an 18.5" barrel in 12 gauge. Does anyone know if Rem. or others make an 18.5" barrel for a 20 gauge 870? Or do I have to move up to a 12?

Thanks,
The Captain

remington has a 870 combo with 20 inch and 28 inch.you should be able to trade your gun for the combo and come out with less than you would if you had to buy a barrel they want almost 200 for the barrel

If you don't mind another 1-1/2" of barrel I would consider the 870 Express Combo gun in either 12 or 20Gauge (Whichever you prefer). You can get one of those and it will come with a 26 or 28inch vent rib barrel with one Remchoke in it(usually Modified) and a rifle sighted 20inch barrel. Just be sure the rifle sighted barrel is a smoothbore so you can shoot buckshot/birdshot in it as well as slugs. This way, swap barrels and you can go small game hunting/sporting clays/trap/skeet/whatever else you want to do with the gun...........

Captain, I've just added a new service in my shop. I fabricate mag extensions for the 870 20 ga as well as a few others. If you'd like details just e-mail me. George

Back