Rem 7600 not staying locked

BoogieMan

I have had this gun for 20+ years and it probably doesnt have 200 rnds through it (hunting gun) I also have my fathers much older 7600. Recently when shooting the older gun I noticed that the slide doesnt unlock until you move the fore grip. This I am told is quite normal and makes sense seeing as my 870 and BPS are the same way. My 7600 will open when shooting. Sometimes the cartridge is 75% exposed after the shot. I will mention that I have only noticed this when shooting from the bench. When I hunt I shoot and reload in case I need another shot. (LOL I never have)

Yep, the 7600 unlocks after the shot. If you're at the bench, the interaction of the bench and the forend and the recoil will move the forend and the action will open. That's part of the charm.

Like pawpaw said, perfectly normal for a pump gun. They are designed to be shot from field positions, not the bench. Also it is safe to shoot at the bench.

Absolutely what PawPaw said, I have had my 760BDL for about 33years(bought in 1980) and mine doesn't have 200rds through it and it looks brand new.

Back