Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308

fpchief

Wanting to get a longer range rifle that is on the tactical end of the speectrum without spending too much money. Been looking at the 700 sps tacitcal and sorta like them. Any opinions? It will be used for some hunting, but mostly for target shooting. Will start reloading for it also.

Thanks!!

i love mine. great shooter right out of the box.

ive read complaints on the houge stock touching the barrel when resting on something, therefor its not free floating.
also its a bit on the heavy side if your carrying it in the woods all day.

i dont know if i can suggest this, but check out snipercentral.com for rifle reveiws.

I have the Rem 700 SPS-V in .308. its the same rifle except with a 26" barrel and different stock. Switched out the stock and love it... I still do wish i went with the tactical however. The 26" barrel does give you more FPS but accuracy is a little less. While i do get Sub MOA groups that are much better of a shot than I am, i think it would be even less with the shorter barrel at short to medium distances due to increased barrel stiffness.

I have a 700P in .308 that I have run about 1000 rounds run through. It really does shoot well. The stock trigger needed some work and now it breaks clean with no creep or over travel. I shoot off the bench with it. I would not want to carry it very far.

Put some good glass on yours and get to work sending stuff down range. You will like it.

I am going out Friday to test some Berger 175 gr. VLD bullets and 43 gr. H380.

I have 10 seated in the lands,10 seated .04 off the lands, 10 .08 off the lands and 10 .12 off the lands. I am trying to find the "sweet" spot.

Should be a fun day.:D

I bought the SPS Varmint in 223 and put an aftermarket stock on it. It was still a heck of a bargain... and it now floats just fine, thank you.

Back