Rem. 700 AAC-SD .308

I have a similar Bell and Carlson Stock. Great stock for the money. I saw a little improvement in accuracy, not a huge amount. Still, it is tone better than my plastic remington stock.

The features I really wanted were a larger, vertical grip, free floated barrel (the Remington SPS stock is not), and a better look. I think the B&C does it all.

If you don't mind me asking, which model did you get? Also do you get pretty good accuracy with that rifle? I haven't shot mine yet just got it yesterday still drooling over it just like one of my grand kids with a new gun or toy. :D I still need to clean it out good and get a set of reloading dies since I reload for all my centerfires. Thanks! :)

Here you go:

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-110/Bell-Carlson-tactical-2092/Detail

I picked this stock as it was cheaper than the full adjustable version, by almost $200. Been very happy with it looks wise, and function wise.

All said and done, I get about .5 MOA out of my 700SPS Varmint with my improvements

Stock, Timney Trigger, quality scope, and a quality handload.
Scope is a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x x50 Mil Dot. Great quality scope.

DSC01654.jpg

Well, I finally found which forum I posted this question on. :D That is a very sharp looking setup you have there and thanks very much for the link! :)

I followed the link and from what I could tell, I need the
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 2 Remington 700 SPS BDL? :)

The AAC-SD rifle you have appears to feature the Remington Varmint/Tactical contour. (Should be same as SPS Varmint)

.308 is a short action, so you need 2092-XX (XX represents color choice).

Double check your barrel diameter, but that should be the right stock. If your barrel is a little larger, a little dremel work on the stock should take care of it.

Don't use a dremel. If you want the stock to look even all over wrap a piece of sandpaper around a deepwell socket that will just fit inside the barrel channel and sand. As the channel opens up, move up to a larger size socket. This won't take any longer and will give a professional look. If you order a stock made for a varmit barrel you probably want need to do this. If you order a sporter stock then you will.

All of my go-to guns have aftermarket syntetics, 6 McMillans, 2 Brown Precisions, 1 B&C, and 1 High-Tech Specialties. None of my rifles shot any more accurately after replacing the stock. I'm not spending $600 on a stock for a gun unless the gun proves it is already a tack driver. If it won't shoot, it goes on down the road. If it does then it gets a better stock. Not to improve accuracy, but to reduce weight, get a better fit, and to just plain look better. B&C does not make a lightweight stock, they are all heavy, but for this use that is not a disadvantage. My only B&C stock is on my FN Patrol rifle. While heavier than any other stock I own, it is almost 1.5 lbs lighter than the Hogue that came on the FN.

I wouldn't recommend a B&C for a hunting rifle, but on this gun it is just as good as a McMillan or HS-Precision costing much more. If your current stock is the Hogue, it is a big step up in ergonomics, but I doubt you will see an increase in accuracy.

jmr,

The socket technique sounds good. I didn't have to alter the barrel channel on my B&C. I did have to inlet the mag well slightly to fit the wider shoe timney trigger. Very minor though.

Back