Rem 1100 youth model

Captain

I just picked up a used ( 3 rounds through it) Remington 1100 Youth Model. The person who bought it tried to unscrew the choke tube with a pipe for leverage and twisted the end of the barrel! I paid $250 for a $500 sgn! He sawed the last 3 inches off the barrel and now it's an open choke 18 3/4" barrel. I shot it with #6 shot, #3 buck and slugs. It shot to point of aim at 25 yeards and the pattern with the buck wasn't too bad either! This is something I've been looking for for a few years. An inexpensive 20 ga. semi for the house. My wife can use it without much recoil concerns as it shoots like a puppy even with the slugs! I might even shoot in more shotgun matches now!

Dang! That's a great find! Heck, a new barrel wouldn't be that much if you wanted to hunt with it. Or you could get it bored for choke tubes...

What sights are on it?

Giz

Captain, I have had a Youth Model 1100 for 10 years. It is a great little gun. I use a standard length LT-20 myself for most of my hunting and informal target gaming. If you decide that you want a standard length barrel with some choke in it, I think I still have a couple of boxed 28" vent rib barrels in modified choke that I picked up several years ago.

clemson - is the youth model the same as remington's old lt-20? i've been looking for one and it looks like they stopped cataloging the lt-20.

thanks much

Mine says "LT-20" on the side of the receiver. It is the same gun as the current LT-20. the only difference between the Youth Model and my regular LT-20 is the barrel length and an inch shorter stock.

Back