Rem 03A3

Smurph0311

Inactive
I have two one is sporterized the other one is not but I just given to me, after it survived hurrecan Ike two years a go that one needs a new barrel but other then that it is in good shape planning to hunt with it this year if I can find the scope I want to put on it.

I was just digging around in computerland for various parts and I saw where Redfield still offers their steel one piece base for 03A3's. And I think an outfit called SARCO still sells good quality barrels for em.

Me? I sure would like to have a receiver as a place to start a .25-06 or 6mm Remington. Someday.

the sportster all ready has a redfield base plus free floating barrel but is it worth the time to make look like a stock 03 again

You weren't exactly clear, but to me it seems you want to restore you sportierized 03'? There are barrels available as well as stocks. A bit of research on google will yield the results you want. You may find original parts or you may find reproduction.

the sportster all ready has a redfield base plus free floating barrel but is it worth the time to make look like a stock 03 again

Not unless you are a very good parts scrounger and an experienced gunsmith to do the work yourself. Buying parts and paying somebody to bring it back to GI would cost more than the finished gun is worth.

A sporterized, low-scope, altered/changed bolt handle, changed back to the military version, should also most likely be included in the cost/labor of restorating a sporter to original.

If you mean that the military config O3-A3, that went through the hurricane, needs a barrel, then that's fairly EZ/

If you also mean to scope the military/rebarreled hurricane gun, it means a LOT of bolt handle & action drilling/tapping work - and changing it from a pure-dee military rifle, unless it's reworked into O3-A4 config.

Back