reloding equipment !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

45acp

i am considering a new press. i currently use a lee turret press, it is sometimes a little quirky. does anyone have any experience with the lee progressive loaders? is a dillon worth the money? which models do you guys use? thanks for all of the help!!

2 x Lee 1000's.
Still "quirky" but the "best" cheapest press!
What are they now...$149?
It's either that or go buy a Dillon 550B.

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Buy the DILLON. If you are just interested in pistol reloading the Dillon SDB will run you 230.00 but well worth it. I believe the dies make the more accurate rounds too. My .2

If you buy a Dillon 550, you will never have to update. It is the most versatile press ever made. If you buy a Square Deal, you will have to flog it off some day. (You see these used at gun shows all of the time for sale by people who have updated.)
I have two 550's and keep one set up with small primer feed and one with large primer feed. Caliber changes ready to load in seconds.

No it doesn't auto index but thats no problem.I can do 500 rounds an hour with no problem so I 'm sure happy with it.IMO Dillon makes the best press around plus the best warrente I have ever seen.
Bob

I started reloading with the Lee 1000, what a piece. Primed rounds side way, upside down, or not at all. So I upgraded, I bought a RCBS Ammomaster auto. It is has problems occassionally, if I didn't have so much invested in it I would upgrade to a Dillion 650 XL, From using my friends, it is the best piece of gear out their

Nothing but bad experience with Lee except for their dies. I wouldn't use a lee press for a paperweight. I don't own a Dillon but for a progressive I think they are the best. Personally I get by with an old Lyman turret and a RCBS single stage.

http://www.xmission.com/~chad/gunshop_link/comads/marketplace/pengar2.html
November Special
Dillon has raised their prices. We have raised our prices as well but we are still a great bargain. We still are at discount. New prices are in effect Nov 1, 1999. Note: prices did not change that much -- not as drastic as last years price increases. Some things didn't change or only changed a miniscule amount.
Dillon 45 Long Colt Dies overstock special -- $46
Dillon 45 Long Colt 550 Conversion Kit overstock special -- $29

RL550B Price is $315 plus a free video. 550s are in stock.
XL650 Price is $434. 650s are on special order basis usually. We occasionally have one in stock
I have no idea if this a "good" price ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

I recently started reloading. After a survey of several dozen experienced reloaders, the choice was clear for me. I bought a Dillon Square Deal B, and I can't say enough nice about it.

With some aprehension I loaded my first 75 rounds in 45 ACP (after reading the Dillon manual) They are super! I honestly believe that I can load about 250 rounds a minute, right now!

I took the rounds to the range...Tight grouping with no flyers. My Kimber Classic Custom devoured the Carroll 200 gr. lwsc bullets without a squeek!

I was lucky and found my SDB on ebay.com., but I would gladly pay Dillon's asking price. This SDB is one of the true bargains in this industry and backed by one of the most honorable companies in the business.

I have loaded tens of thousands of rounds of .45 and a few other calibers on my Lee Loadmaster. Somehow, I have managed to do this and retain some modicum of sanity. I bought the Lee, because I wasn't sure if I was going to like reloading enough to invest the $$ in a Dillon. Hindsight, being 20-20, I sure wish I'd gone ahead and bought the 650.

I can still crank out a lot of quality ammo with my Loadmaster, but only if I handprime and manually push the shell-feed slide. Also, I 've tried loading bottleneck handgun (400 Cor-Bon) and .223 rifle cartridges and find that the shellplate is designed such that it's impossible to adjust the dies for proper shoulder-bumping. I didn't even realize that I wasn't headspacing my .223's correctly, until I bought a Wilson case gauge. Back to the Rockchucker, for bottlenecks, for me. (At least until I break down and buy that 650)

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

I have been using a Square Deal since 1987. It turns out great ammo. I have had to replace a couple of parts that I lost or broke. No questions asked and had them within a week of making the phone call.
A couple of years ago I broke the alloy housing. Dillon rebuilt the old press with about 80% new parts for FREE.
One of my friends had his house burn to the ground. He sent Dillon the lump of melted alloy from the fire and they sent him a new 550 for FREE.
You just can't beat these people for quality goods and great customer service.

Neil Casper

Hey guys,

What's wrong w/the Lee Load Master? I recently bought one because I liked the features and thought that it had far more to offer than the competition, for the $. Haven't heard anything negetive about THIS model yet.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back