Reloader 16

stagpanther

Was at a LGS for scope rings when I noticed some 1 lbrs squirreled away on a shelf. Haven't seen this available anywhere for about 3 years and broke down and bought 2 @ $70.00 each. Was I nuts? Anyone seen it anywhere else at any price?

I went through a couple of pounds in .260 Rem. As I recall velocities were higher than 4350 but groups were average using 140 & 142 SMK's. I think I still have a half pound.

As far as price if you need it then go for it. I just saw where Midway has 8 pounders of Shooters World Precision Rifle for $372 and I thought that was too high but if I was down to my lst pound of Varget I might have jumped on it.

I have the better part of a couple pounds aging on my shelf. I tried it in my 6.5CM and using the proper load data for the bullet I was using it was sticking cases and blowing out primer pockets under half way through my work up. Velocity was very high as well at that point. At this point I scored 12 pounds of H4350 and haven’t messed with the RE16 since.

Reloader 16 worked well for me in 6.5 Creedmoor, and 30-06 Springfield. I used it for awhile when H-4350 was not available. AAs I recall, RL 16 velocities were higher as noted above, but I found RL 16 to be quite the dirty burning powder. Overall, if I could not get H-4350 I would search for RL 16

I finally ran out of RL 15, arguable the most versatile of all the RL powders. It's amazing how many phishing scam sites have popped up during the pandemic. Watch out.

Last edited:
Wow! I won’t pay that. I’ll take a 5 yr break before I drop that kind of money! Seems like primers will go stupid too if they ever come back.

Back