registration ?

BlkHawk73

Got into talking with some folks about the old GCA and the whole registration thing and a question was brought up, what becomes of old Class III firearms that were simply tucked away and forgotten about and never registered? One person talking about this was a guy that restores old buildings and such and said how he frequently comes across items tucked away in the walls or in forgotten attic corners and even under floorboards. Surely some old timer tucked an old war relic or short bled something away and just forgot about it. What becomes of these finds? Does the ATf still register them in these cases or are they decommisioned somehow? had conflicting ideas amunst the group. My thought was they were simply supposed to be referred to ATF.

For all those conspiracy folks, no I'm haven't got one it's mearly a question of "what if" since the chances are good I'd think.

Can't register them. The registry has been closed since 1986.

If you find one, you basically have to chop up the reciever, donate it to a museum, or just surrender it.

But - just because you find something hidden away doesn't mean it doesn't have papers somewhere. Make sure you look before taking a torch to that Thompson.

Back