registration/confiscation

johnblackstone

Am I overly paranoid? I have to sell 6 or my 13 handguns. Among all my criteria is this one: is the gun registered? Would any of you keep or sell a particular gun based on whether it is registered or not, if other factors are roughly equal? I guess I fear the great gun snatch, and would like to keep a few that our dear Uncle doesn't know about..Call me silly. (Or AM I?) Thnx

Well, if you're paranoid, then maybe I am too. Cause I would rather buy any new (to me anyway) guns "off the books" so to speak. Problem is that if you sell your registered guns, make sure they go to a dealer or be sure to get a reciept or bill of sale showing who bought it. Otherwise, if that dreaded day ever comes, the government boys will want proof that you no longer own this gun that is registered to you. I seriously doubt if they will take your word for it that you sold it.
Then again, if things ever do get that bad, this whole question could be moot.

Always keep a few registered guns in a safe in full view somewhere, then you can tearfully surrender the same to your caring PC government when the time comes(and it will).

Good boy...Good Citizen.

Otherwise, I suppose... you could give the inquirers the contents first...

------------------
***Big Bunny***

You are NOT paranoid. Just look to your north and see what the Canadian government is up to.

Remember that you can never depend on things staying the same. It only takes the right combination of events and government to completely reverse everything you have come to believe was an absolute right.

If they don't know you have it, they won't come in the night looking for it. Dump the registered ones first.

(An aside: the gun registry in Canada is a mess. Cost over-runs, lost records, erroneous entries, etc. ad nauseum. Earlier this week, the Winnipeg SWAT team surrounded a house and a 15 minute "stand-off" culminated with the "surrender" of a (half-dressed) man and woman. The police had been told there were "weapons" in the house. It turned out to be a toy pistol left lying on the floor. Thanks, registry.

On the other side of the spectrum, those states in the union who now allow concealed carry have experienced a DROP in violent crime. Which system would you rather live under?)

Pardon the rant. Cherish your freedom...and protect it.

if you think "hell" was raised in
seattle this past week over wto,
i hate to think what would happen the
day the govt decided to confiscate
firearms from citizens. you will have
real anarchy.

Heck, you dont even have to look at Canada anymore to see what will eventually happen to us if we dont get our act together. Just look at Kalifornia. God forbid if you didnt register that eeevil SKS and they found the yellow sheet. And oh my, if you didnt register said weapon with the proper authorities ( who said the gun was perfectly legal, by the way) you were a bad citizen. And those of that did the "law-abiding" thing and registered their rifles? Well ah'll-be. Badda-bing! Overnight they're considered horrendous, illegal, tools of the devil or some such nonesense. And if you dont turn it in? Well, they'll just come and get it, wont they? And take a closer look at whatever else you happen to have in you're gun safe, of course. Will this vile practice spread to other states? I hope not, but probably. Registration leads to confiscation. No 2 ways about it.....

------------------
"To die as a warrior means to have crossed swords and either won or lost without any consideration for winning or loosing. There is just not enough time and generally not enough strength in the resolve of any man to do otherwise"-Miyamoto Musashi

I seriously think that under conditions of confication I could and would shoot. This is a right worth fighting for. When they make criminals out of good citizens they will have a problem. Trouble is I can see it happening!

------------------

In light of this discussion I encourage you all to go to: http:www.calnra.org/puckett1.htm and read what is there. We can all take a lesson from this and do what we can to win this fight!!

------------------
Join the Fight....save OUR Rights!!!

I know it's illegal to ship a fully functional all in one piece fiream sans FFL, but isn't it legal to ship in pieces?

antenna- all the peices but the lower reciever can be normally shipped. You must have an FFL to recieve a firearm lower reciever. As best I know if you send a firearm to the facory to be repaired the factory can send it back to your address. Other than that you must have an FFL to recieve.

Hope this helps

Later
Daren

I'm with Mcshot. If that day ever comes, I believe its our duty as citizens of this pround nation to declare war on our government. This country was built on the ideas of freedom, taking away firearms would only lead to things even worse, like the 1st amendment. Once citizens have no way of defending themselves against the government, whats to stop them?

just my $0.02

-=Hairball=-

Just a note from a Kanadian who just tried to register a handgun under our new gun registry. 1. I already owned the gun minus the sear spring so it was registered as a frame only. 2. I had obtained the spring which then make it a complete firarm. 3. The law here states that I then must re-register the gun when I change the class of the gun (frame to firearm) within 60 days 4. I had to pay $12.50 to do this.
5. THEY LOST ALL RECORD AND MY $$$ and 60 days have expired making me a CRIMINAL.

Thank you Liberal party. You F*** Heads.

Moe

Paranoid? Hell no!!
Moe, I just attended AGM at my local gun club and we were told that if we were elected to the executive, we had to supply the feds with our SIN number and address. Not our MAILING address but our physical one.I wonder what that's all about since they keep telling us that registration does not equal confiscation!!!

Can the simple (I would say sinful) act of registering a gun actually prevent it from being used wrongly? Of course not. Registration does nothing to prevent crime. How in the world could it? And if registering guns does nothing to prevent crime, then what is it good for? I'll answer my own question: Registration is ONLY good for one thing--to make confiscation easier... and inevitable.

Ayn Rand once said that good should NEVER compromise with evil because good can only lose ground and evil can only gain ground. This can be seen in all of the compromises made with anti-gunners over the last 30+ years. To compromise on this issue is to eventually lose everything.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Ah,the good times come to Kalifornia as of Jan. 1. We must follow every movement the D.O.J. makes. Will some law abiding citizen say hell no when some "boot jacketed thug" goes knock,knock and ask for his SKS with detachable mag.
That damn handwriting on the wall again!!!!

Back to John's original post....

My advice is to never "officially" sell a non-papered gun. A private sale is ok, but if it doesn't have papers its gonna cause someone some trouble if you get papers. Example, when my Dad died I inherited his guns, most aquired before papers were required. Now, I'm a regular, no criminal record, female average citizen. What do you think would happen if all of a sudden (by registration) and in the State's eyes I aquired 10-20 firearms "all at once"? Patty Hearst or a Manson girl?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Back