REGISTER TO VOTE NOW!

DOCSpanky

The deadlines are approaching, if you have not already registered, do it. If you don't vote then you have no right to complain. Even if you don't like any of the candidates, vote for the lesser of the 2-3 evils. It will take 2 votes to negate your vote against someone. Pay attention to what they are all saying. Be informed. While your sitting in front of this confounded contraption killing brain cells, look up some of the candidates on the internet. I got a response from the Bush site, the Dole sight, and the gore site. Don't go to their site and attack them, find out what they are about. Explore the sites, and then ask your questions. NO you will not get a personal response every time. But you may get lucky. I have a bumper sticker that says simply, "I VOTED, SO I CAN COMPLAIN!"
You can find out about registering through the internet as well, just put voter registration in you browser, and your state name. MTV says "Rock the Vote"

Democracy is based on the people having a voice, and your vote is your voice. Are you a part of the silent majority (SUBJECTS) or are you the voting voice of the people (FREEMEN & WOMEN). You decide.

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"

The Libertarian Party tried to put a candidate on the Akron Ohio's ballot for Mayor. They collected over 600 sigs, mostly at gun shows. They had close to 700 sigs, a comfortable margin above the 500 needed. Only 311 counted though, the rest were not registered voters. The Democratic Mayor of Akron is assured to win the election. He will run unopposed.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you do not vote, please leave my country. You have overstayed your welcome here.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http:/www.ofcc.net

I would be willing to bet that only about 30% of the members of TFL are registered to vote!

It's amazing that the loudest voices are usually the ones who never vote, just complain.

A pox on those of you who never vote, or worse for those of you who have never registered. Shame on you! I know you are out there!

Geoff Ross

------------------
Damn!...I need more practice!

How do your states handle voter registration??? Missouri has a law (passed in 97) that automatically registers all vehicle drivers.... and if you were not registered when you last got your license.... you will be when you renew it...

I agree with you wholeheartedly!! Already registered, have to do it absentee but still making it count!! Only 95 million people voted in the last major election out of 350 million in the US, Still not a great number even when you consider that number(350 Mil) includes Minors and other non-voter eligible people If you don't Vote don't Whine, What we take for granted, other countries aspire too. Get registered, get involved or get out of the way! Just my .02 cents....

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

..."The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." --Thomas Jefferson

... "The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein

... "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."Ronald Reagan
Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

I would like to add a quote onto jefe's list if I may.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, Government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

------------------
DOCSpanky

This is something that I have been preaching for a long time. I imagine that here on TFL, I have been preaching to the converted. But, voting is our almost last best hope. Get out and register, vote and get the person that represents your views and values in office. Then BADGER the hell out of them to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Joe Portale
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

Voting is a joke! Who you going to vote for? The Dems/Reps. Look when Henry Hyde has done. There is no difference between the parties. They say one thing and do another. They have no balls to stand up for what is right. There is no longer a viable political solution. We have traveled too far down the slippery slope toward registration and then confiscation. Each day we are losing more and more of our freedoms and most of the american people are too stupid to see and understand what is going on. Maybe they just don't care. If and when they wake up it will be too late.

There's a good outlook, I think I'll just go shoot myself in the head now.

"Never give up, Never give up, Never give up."---Sir Winston Churchill

------------------
DOCSpanky

Mr. Xi can tell you,
To speak of votes has value.
Fourteen years to be precise,
The courts exacted that high price.

A Chinese cell is his new home,
The thought he had should not have grown.
“Elections, should reflect a change,
To have a choice you need 2 names”

Burma Shave!

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http:/www.ofcc.net

Get out and VOTE! Don't just complain!
Fight the gun laws you disdain!
The vote is YOURS so don't be pushed,
And don't be Gored and don't be Bushed!

If you're fed up, with all their lies,
Don't vote for someone you despise!
Register! Then vote, me hardy!
But cast your vote for some third party!
:D

Doc,

I'm laughing here! I made a t-shirt a while back that says "If you didn't vote, you don't have the right to complain!"

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited September 25, 1999).]

I'm working with an NRA Grassroots rep here in Nevada, trying to get a machine set up in my little corner in this state.

I give you no attribution, so caveat emptor,
but this is what he told me.

There's a Republican pro-gun guy named John Enson, who ran for Senate the last time around. He lost by 450 votes (the Libertarians garnered 15,000). Well, if this boy had gotten in, we wouldn't have had Al Gore doing his tie-breaking thing on the
Senate Juvenile Bill.

450 votes! Think about it the next time you just can't find the time to register or vote.

BTW, you Nevadans, he's running again for the Senate seat vacated by a retiring anti-gun Democrat. You can bet I'll be out there blowing up balloons, placing lawn signs etc. All I ask you to do is vote for our interests!

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

Back