• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Region Specific Posting Area?

HangFire83

Just wanted to offer a suggestion of a Region specific area for members to post. (i.e. Midwest, North East, etc...)

It could be used for arranging member get togethers, along with offering a place for members to post state/region specific questions and get answers from other members with state/region specific insight (in theory).

Hangfire, you must have missed this:

Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises
This section is for topics related to actual shooting sessions, including Range issues, Training and Regional TFL Gatherings. Additionally, Instructors can post tips and Students can post questions.

Notice the underlined part.

Please keep in mind that I have very little experience with creating/editing messages boards, but would it be a daunting task to actaully break it down into the different regions before actually seeing all of the posts?

That way someone could click on their region and not have to sift through all the other posts that they may not be interested in. Some post already have the state listed in the thread title but there are some without. If it's a ton of work then don't worry about it. I just found it a neat little feature on some of the other boards I frequent and thought it would be a good idea to add to this one.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jeff

While I'm not privy to all the reasons the forums were setup in the manner they are, I can say that this particular area works and works rather well.

Using an informative title is the key: South Central Idaho Gathering and Shoot-fest!

Then in the body of the post, simply relate the idea and wait for takers.

Every person that responds will automatically bump the thread to the top. Discussion of when and where ensues and, Viola! A gathering is made and held.

My wife and I did a couple of these down in Utah, back before the big sign-off, as there simply weren't too many Idahoans on TFL in the early 00's.

I would suggest that you give it a shot and see what transpires.

Back