refurbished glock?

automainea

i dont know that much about glocks other than they have plastic frames and no safeties,what part do they refurbish and why? do other guns get refurbished other than glocks?

Hi my brother has 3 Glocks,A 17,26,19. I have a 19 and a 21.
Glocks do infact have 3 independant safties. The refurbed Glocks are as good as a new one. Glock takes the guns and goes completly through them. My brothers Glock 26 is a refurb. He has never had a problem with it. My 21 is also a refurb. Again no problems with it. They can be guns police traded in for bigger or newer guns.
As far as the frames they are a form of plastic called Polymer. They are not just plastic like you would find in a toy or other product. The metal in the entire gun is coated in Tenifer which makes it very hard. It also makes the gun nearly rustproof. The black coating on the slide is simply a phosphate finish,the Tenifer is what protects the metal. Even if you wear the black coating off the slide(not easy) your metal is still protected by the Tenifer.
As far as the safties go there are three of them. The first is on the trigger itself. The second and third are internal.
When you begin to pull the trigger on a Glock you disengage the first safety. As the trigger travels rearward you disengage the second safety and third safety allowing the gun to fire. They are every bit as safe as any double action revolver. Maybe safer. Many police agencies use the Glock pistol in one caliber or another. If they were unsafe this would not be the case. Not flaming you here.
I'am sure there are other here who could explain a Glocks safety system better than I can. I have the basics down for you though:)
They are great guns,better than most and I have Sigs,Glock,Berettas,1911's and a few more.
They are in my opinion the best guns in the world for what they are designed for,combat and defense.
I love my Sigs and 1911's but the Glocks are more rugged in my opinion. Look at a Glock,you don't care if it gets holster wear or a scratch. It adds character. If my two tone Sig got a scratch or my 1911's I would suffer a heart attack ;)
If you have any more questions just ask,we're a helpful bunch here on TFL.
You should find a range and rent a few Glocks and shoot them,that is the way to decide if you like them and they're for you. They are soft recoiling because of they're Polymer frames,and low bore axis. Once you learn how they are easy to shoot fast and well.
Hope this helps.
45automan

The refurbished Glocks are as good as new -- which is pretty good -- with the same warranty. They generally come with hi-cap mags, which the new versions don't have.

Yes -- other manufacturers refurbish guns, but its most common with guns that are used by police departments: the manufacturer buys the old ones, gives them new ones, and runs the old ones through an arsenal refit. They're generally "as new" with new warranties.

If you look around a while you'll find refurbished Glocks and Smith & Wessons; I don't think I've ever seen a refurbished Beretta. In fact, few police guns ever need refurbishing, as they are seldom shot that much...

I have put 2500+ rounds through a refurbished G19 without a single problem. I highly recommend the refurbs as a lower cost alternative to NIB.

I believe that one has to be 21 to buy handguns in most States. (might even be Federal law) Why would you want a plastic toy gun that always blows up, anyhow??

Don't you think that you'd be more amused with paintball guns or pellet guns??

Back