Refurb old Gun

Browndoff

Inactive
Hi - I've just rebuilt a 1936 Llama Extra [a 9x23 Largo barreled gun which is largely interchangeable with the 1911] and had a few little jobs to do to get it right. These included fixing a thumb-Safety with a bent shaft - which did NOT work as I got it - but now I've made it smooth and reliable!
My current problem is the Slide-Release [which is a new part] - but, while the Magazine-Platform can lift it when the gun is only 'half-assembled', it's really hard to move when the gun is 'ready to fire'. It's so stiff that even MANUALLY applying the latch is difficult and it certainly won't pop-up and hold-open when the magazine is empty.
It can hardly be because the Barrel-Link is too tight - as [clearances being somewhat 'loose' on this old gun] the Barrel can be wiggled about slightly when the Slide is locked open.
I've even chamfered the mating surfaces of the Slide-Release and the Slide itself [very slightly], so that it can't get caught on the edge of the recess. That doesn't seem to be the issue - it's just too tight to turn!

Please help!

Back