reflex vs holosight

any opinions on trijicon's reflex vs eotech? just got a new reflex but am considering selling it for a eotech instead. all the reviews i read seem to point to the holosight as the better sight. i even hear its going to replace the M68.

thanks

ATW

Dunno if you read my review of the first generation HOLOsight yet (http://www.members.tripod.com/~jth8260/holo.html).

I have a buddy who has the Trijicon Reflex II. I have the aforementioned HOLOsight and the Aimpoint Comp M-XD (M68).

Reflex: doesn't need batteries, is always on, triangle reticle works for close-in and far-out. However, reticle tends to wash out in extremely bright light or when using high-powered weaponlight (e.g., my Surefire M500A). Need to purchase separate mount.

HOLOsight: great reticle, doesn't wash out but requires batteries and power-up to use the sight. Also more fragile than the Reflex. No separate mount needed if you're going to put it on a flat-top AR15.

Justin

I just had my AR slicked up and a Reflex II slapped on. I really like it. It has the polarizing filter which does really help with the light issue. I generally leave mine on all the time so far. It is definitely a rugged little booger. Don't ask me how I know!!

I also really like the triangle over the dots so prevalent in optics these days. My eye really picks up the triangle. Could there be somehting better out there?? Possibly. But, I am very happy with what I have. So I am not going to mess with it.

Personally, I think everyone is a bit trigger happy to pick at the Reflex because certain military units chose an Aimpoint over it.

Well, WHOOHAH!!

I think I will stick with what works for me.

Back