Reflex 2 in bright sunlight - can it be seen?

scorn

I have an Aimpoint that I cannot see the dot in bright desert sunlight.
I want to get a Reflex 2 (with the triangle reticle) but I don't want another scope with the same problems.

Will I also have problems seeing the Reflex 2 in bright sunlight?

Scorn,

I have a Trijicon Reflex II that has served me well. This sight has a light-gathering device in the front that works quite well. This means that the brighter the environment, the brighter the triangle is. It is quite bright out of doors. The one problem is if you are shooting indoors at a target that is outdoors, your reticle might be "washed out" by the bright target. The triangle, by the way, is very useful. I can make accurate shots out to 350 yards using the top post of the triangle . . . with a 14.5 inch barrel, no less. Considering that I'm not even a good shot, this is quite remarkable!

I know that it's not the smartest thing, but I looked at the sun briefly with my $100 Millett red dot and I could see the dot just fine.

Good One C.R. Sam!!!:D :D :D The best is when you at work building america, and the a**hole next to you strikes an arc just at the wrong time and that night at home it feels like you've got gravel in your eye.

Last edited:
Scorn,

I use my Reflex II at noon with no problems. I do have the polarizing filter on it though.

I couldn't be happier with my Reflex II with the triangle. In any and all conditions!! And it's rugged, well built. That's a good thing, because I could break an anvil on an average day!!

Monty

Back