• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Redundant Posts

RWK

I've noted a few duplicate posts during the last couple days. I had a "double" yesterday and Steven Camp had a "triple" today. I doubt if either of us intentionally or inadvertently input multiple submissions, so I suspect there's a software anomaly.

There is no software anomaly. The system slows down and people hit the submit more than once. If you're on Netscape, lokk at the bottom of the window when responding if it says, "hotst contacted....waiting for reply", your post went thru.
Rich

I found out the hardway this morning, when you make a post and it says connection lost and looks like it didn't go through, don't submit again because it did go through the first time, I posted the same post 4 times before I realized it was going through.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Terri,
Looks like Jeff Thomas has the record at 7 straight duplicate posts over on the "Sllooowwww" thread right next door.
Way to go Jeff! :)

have tape, will travel...

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

Sorry, Rookies!

I had EIGHT posts a couple days ago (actually two groups of four each) and one member had NINE yesterday.

Now quit trying for a record, dammit! ;)

Please notice that Redundant posts will be reported to the Department of Redundant Postings Department . Redundant posts on the board are redundant and should not be posted on the board .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paratrooper:
Please notice that Redundant posts will be reported to the Department of Redundant Postings Department . Redundant posts on the board are redundant and should not be posted on the board .

[/quote]

...... redundantly!
BTW: What is a "dundant" that we do again (re)?????

Sorry :o
Andy

That reminds me.
At many social functions the flyer reads "In case of inclement weather, the ______ will be held in the gymnasium."
So, if bad weather is inclement, does that mean that 75 and sunny is "clement"?
:)
-Kframe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kframe:
That reminds me.
At many social functions the flyer reads "In case of inclement weather, the ______ will be held in the gymnasium."
So, if bad weather is inclement, does that mean that 75 and sunny is "clement"?
:)
-Kframe
[/quote]

Sorry . That was supposed to read as follows . " The picnic will be held on Sunday . In case of rain it will be held on Saturday ." Sorry about the mix-up . My brother got arrested and I had to bail him out . They say that he stole a car . It was parked outside of the cemetary so he figured the owner was dead . Also I was working on a super new stock market strategy . Buy stocks low . When they go up I sell . If they DON'T go up then I just don't buy them . Thank you for your patience .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA

Paratrooper,
Any chance you can make it to Springfield meet in August?
Looks like you'd 'fit' right in... ;)

have tape, will travel...

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

Back