Reduced tension springs for Ruger GP100

MR.G

Rrduced tension springs for Ruger GP100

Today I purchased a new Ruger GP-100. The trigger pull seems kind of tight. I saw on the Wolf website that they offer several reduced tension hammer and trigger springs for the GP-100.
Can someone tell me if reduced tension springs work well in Rugers, and if so what pound spring is best.
ALSO, is the triger guard latch spring also the trigger spring on this gun ?? I can't see another spring. If so, how is it removed ?
Thanks.

I haven't used Wolfe springs in my GP100 but they did work great in a Speed Six I had several years ago. Really cut the trigger pull down and had no effect on reliability, it still went bang every time. I don't think there is a "best" spring strength, what may be great for you may be to heavy for me or vice versa. Springs are fairly cheap, you could get a couple different ones and see what you like best.

Those springs will help trigger pull intially.
But if you find the same gun in stock form fired many times, I think you'll find the trigger pull great. You may just want to "wear in" your trigger.

One word of caution:
If you go with the lighter springs, and do any reloading, stay away from CCI primers in that gun. They are hard enough you may run into FTF's with the lighter hammer strike.

Ditto the advice on the primers. Can't recall which hammer spring I ended up using but have found only Winchester primers to be reliable. The springs plus a bunch of dry/live fire will result in a nice trigger.

Back