Reduce Recoil Buckshots in Semi-Auto Shotguns

Skorzeny

Are reduced recoil and "tactical" buckshot shells reliable in semi-automatic shotguns such as Remington 1100/11-87, Mossberg 9200 "Jungle Gun," Beretta 1201FP and Benelli "tactical" shotguns?

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

When I first bought my Benelli M1, it would not cycle hardly at all with Federal Ranger Tactical Buckshot. I took it skeet shooting and put a few hundred rounds through it, and the last time I tried with the Federal Ranger I got one failure to eject out of about 25. I have been told by others that it works fine for them, so I guess my gun just hasn't fully broken in yet...

I also have a Benelli M1 Super 90 and it shoots flawlessly with the Federal Tactical "00" buck.

Zach, have you tried to break in your Benelli with a box of magnums? I have been told by other Benelli owners that this is a good way to break-in.

CMOS

CMOS - No I haven't tried with Magnums (never actually fired magnums in a shotgun). However, I guess that gives me a pretty good excuse to play around :) Will let you know if it makes a difference.

Reduced recoil and tactical rounds are 'loaded down' and are not generally considered reliable for auto shotguns. In pumps, no problem. But do you want your auto to fail to cycle or worse yet jam an ejected shell in ejection port at worse possible moment? I wouldn't.

Back