Redhawk?

redhawk44p

I recently purchased a Redhawk. I need to put a new mainspring in but I do not have a disassembly manual. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to disassemble the gun. I do not want to wait a month for Ruger to send a manual. Thanks Very Much Bob

If you call Ruger monday morning, your manual will probably be delivered before the weekend. Mine was.

No need to wait it's EZ, make sure your unloaded, pull the grips off, there should be a small pin in the little round black thing in the grip frame, that is the take down pin. If it's not there use a small punch or finish nail. Cock the hammer and you will see the strut inside the spring move and you will see a small hole in the strut. Stick the take down pin in the hole, when you release the hammer the spring will be captured by the takedown pin. Take a good look how the assembly fits together and pull it out. Figure out a way to compress the spring far enough to remove the takedown pin, change out springs, figure a way to compress new spring and install take down pin. Put back together, cock the hammer and remove takedown pin. The spring is stiff so be careful, throw a rag over it wile you are changing the spring out just incase it gets away from you, also wear safety glasses too.
E-mail me if you run into any problems I am sure I can find my manual somewhere salvo15@yahoo.com

If you installing a spring kit to lighten the trigger pull, be careful not to go to light because you will get light primer strikes. I ended up using the middle spring in a 3-spring kit.

Back