Redhawk vs. GP100

Judge Blackhawk

Okay for all you Ruger fans, here is my question.

I have found a ruger Redhawk in .357 magnum it is about the same price as the Ruger GP-100 in .357 magnum.

The Redhawk has a 5.5 inch barrel and the GP-100 has a 6 inch barrel.

Both guns are stainless.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

judge blackhawk

Judge- I had both of these pieces and preferred the Redhawk, possibly because it had a trigger job by Hamilton Bowen. If you can take the weight of the Redhawk, it seems to balance a little better, and is unbelievably strong.Sold it last year to reduce inventory and, of course, now wish I had it back.You can't go wrong with either.

Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards the Redhawk. It is such a big gun, that I feel it may tame the 357 a little better and it feels great in my hands

Judge Blackhawk

Own two GP100's, and one 7.5" .357 Redhawk. The Redhawk simply swallows the heaviest (primer-melting) loads imaginable.

Looking desperately for stainless 5.5" .357 Redhawk to complete my 5.5" stainless Redhawk collection.

Ehh?, Judge?

ps Millett orange-ramp front, Pachmayr Decelerators, don't mess with springs until you've worked the trigger at least ten thousand cycles.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

GP-100's are everywhere. The Redhawk in .357 is kinda hard to find and getting much harder. I think I'd snap up the Redhawk...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Back