REdfield Lo Pro

bamaranger

Is the Redfield Lo Pro scope, 2-7x, a USA/Denver product from the early US era, or an import after their first collapse?

Looks like a USA vintage, but no Denver or USA anywhere on it.

duh

Stupid me. I suppose since it is not marked Denver nor USA, it is likely NOT same. But...for all the world, it has the tube, bells, and turrets and appears at first blush to be a Denver Redfield. But the script is on a grey field, black letters and no markings as described.

Pretty clear glass, I suspect it is one of the early collapse Redfields with Japanese lenses using tubes bells from Denver. The scope was in a display with some other sure'nuff vintage Redfields, I shot the guy a lowball price and he took it, so I carried the thing home. Upon retrospection, not what I thought it was, but it'll do on an old rimfire, the Widefield lenses will simplify mounting, and the 'scope is from the same era as the rifle.

Oh well, live and learn.

confused again

Well, checking Ebay yields half dozen or so Redfields, marked as mine, that are unashamably being ID'd and sold as "made in USA-Denver". Now, Ebay may not be a reliable source of info, but several of the scopes are being peddaled by vendors who specialize in scope sales, I'm inclined to begin to believe that mymost recent sample with its grey oval and black letters, is indeed a USA product.

Surprised there is not a "vintage redfield collectors" association or some such.

Any pics? I have an old redfield with the TV tube viewer (wide) 3-10 x 44. It's mounted on my 221 Fireball and seems to be a great match to that gun.

problem

I'm a dinosaur with pics for one thing, and it appears there may be no simple way to link my phone with the present PC. Bamaboy has promised to help, about 3 yrs ago.

No promises from me on pics....thanks for your interest.

Back