Redding Turret Press

ciwsguy

Just received delivery of the Redding T7 Turret press.
Going to mount it to an Inline Fabrication stand
Next step up from the Hornady L&L.
I am not a high volume reloader, so that's why I did not buy a Progressive press.
Anybody have anything bad to say about the T7?

Just received delivery of the Redding T7 Turret press.
Going to mount it to an Inline Fabrication stand
Next step up from the Hornady L&L.
I am not a high volume reloader, so that's why I did not buy a Progressive press.
Anybody have anything bad to say about the T7?
Why are you asking that question after you have already purchased it.

Because these days everything reloading wise is virtually unobtainium. Jump on it when it’s available. One can always sell it if it doesn’t work out.
And it gives you something to gripe about. :D

Congrats on the T-7.
I've had mine for a long time, very satisfied with it.
The only negative I can come up with is the priming leverage isn't that great. With some primer/brass combinations it takes a pretty good push to seat them properly.
But that's common to most presses that prime in that way.
I keep a RCBS Ram Prime die in one of the stations for tough primers or anytime I load serious ammo.

Two Dillon’s, an RCBS single stage, and a Redding T7. The ONLY one I ever use anymore is the Redding. I prime with a hand tool which works great.

Had mine for 7 years or so. I great press. I bought an extra seven position rotary head so I can just change out the head and load .380 acp, 9 mm, .357 magnum, and 45 acp without having to adjust any dies. It is relatively slow but I can control the quality of my ammo and since I'm retired, speed isn't that important. Once a year I take it apart and lube all the bearing and ram surfaces with outboard engine lower gear box lube (very thick oil) and it will last forever.

...And it gives you [us] something to gripe about.

Dang right! With supplies as low as they are if we can't be reloading we CAN be talking about it and griping about it. Thanks for the post.

I was enthralled with the Redding T7 when I first saw it. To me it looked like a big beefy press and with 7 holes in a turret I could probably set up two sets of dies and extra turrets are not PROHIBITIVELY expensive. I was really impressed with the press.

BUT

Disclaimer: My Dad loaded shotgun shells for trap shooting. When I started pistol shooting in the late 60's I went down to the hardware store, bought a press and read the directions and got ABC's of Reloading and started reloading. This NOT a particularly good way to get started. I never much looked at any other reloading gear, just used what I had for years and then when I started shooting quite a bit in a league I let a guy at a gun show sell me a progressive loader. I wasn't entirely sure what a turret press actually was.

I wish I would have been smarter when I started reloading. I might have got a turret press right from the get go and saved myself a lot of time and probably would not have bothered to get the progressive.

Good luck with yours. Once again I think you got a really great press.

Back