Red Dots, Holo sights??

zeroskillz

I'm looking for fun fast sights to swap between a Sig X-Five and a .22 target gun. I've been reading a bit about red dots and holo sights, but don't really know if either of these are worth the cash. Anybody have any thoughts?
Thanks!
-Zeke

You get what you pay for. Someone will be along shortly to recommend a $59 red dot sight instead of a $300 C-More, just remember that this is one case where you definately get what you pay for.

I've got no problem spending $300-$400 for the sight--most important is that it be worth the money spent. Anybody have any experience with the holo sights, enough to make a recommendation between holo or red-dot? The C-mores and OKO's look to be quality units (red-dots). Also, how does one go about getting one of these stuck on a Sig X-Five? It'd be nice to be able to swap it between a couple guns as well.
Thanks!
-Zeke

Zeke, you don't want to swap them back and forth, you will have to re-zero each gun each time you mount the sight.

Sig makes the mount for the X5, it is the only one I am aware of.

C-More and OKO comprise probably 95% of the sights seen at IPSC/USPSA matches, and C-More is probably 75%.

The Ultra-Dot 1" is very popular with the Bullseye shooters. They hold up well mounted on the slides of the 45 and are around $125. These are more for a target gun, not an action gun.

I have an EO Tech and an Ultra Dot. The EO Tech is armored and very tough, and target aquisition is easily accomplished. The UD is a bit slower to aquire the target cause it's a tube vs a window. Both have been excellent for me. I move them from gun-to-gun now and then, and return to zero has within a few clicks.

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/dotsight.htm

Back