Red-Dot optics recommendations

Pahoo

Red-Dot optics recommendations needed.
Been a long time since I went shopping for a Red-Dot and I'm not current on what's new. ... :confused:

My application is a handgun that has a rail/base. I want it small and I'd like to stay under $200.00. I recently looked at a small Bushnell but there are so many choices out there. Most of my Dots are the 30mm, tube-type. In fact, I still have an older Tasco that has a post and Red diamond on top. Just like me, we are talking "Vintage". .... :cool:

Any and all recommendations will be appreciated ...... :)

Thanks and;
Be Safe !!!

+1 for the Vortex Venom.

I've never used one on a handgun but I do have one on my 1895 SBL. After hundreds of rounds it still keeps zero even with a hard hitting round like 45-70. The harmonics and recolI impulse is probably a little different but if it'll stand up to 45-70 I would imagine it can go move with the slide of handgun just as well.

a4xAerOl.jpg

I like the Vortex Venom as well. Great little lot. You can get 3 or 6 MOA. For Steel Challenge Shooting I prefer the 6.

Vortex Venom is hard to beat for the price. Very reliable and backed by Vortex's awesome lifetime transferable warranty.

If you could find someone willing to part with a used Docter sight II or III for that price you wouldn't regret it. Fat chance though I'm afraid.

I use a fastfire 2 on my Ruger 22 pistol it works fine and I found it in your price range.

A lot of the newer sights are in the $400 range.

As you can see, with red dots you just need to try em out to decide which one fits you best. On/off buttons on the sparc do sorta suck.

Last edited:
Back