Red dot mount for Uberti?

Apparently, it's been done with some Ruger models, but not regular SAAs, as far as I know. Here are the Ruger mounts: https://www.jackweigand.com

think-021319-3.jpg

Frank

Starting to suspect that if your pistol doesn't have an adjustable site, meaning something that accepts some screws, that this may be a unicorn.

If your barrel is long enough then one of the "generic" barrel mounts that clamp on might provide a mounting surface but alignment is likely problematic.

My guess is that your Uberti top strap is going to have to be drilled and tapped for mounting screws - I am not aware of a rail that is available for the Uberti, so while a stock rail may be able to be adapted, my guess is that you would have to make or have made, a transition piece profiled on the underside to fit the top strap profile- then attach a generic rail to the transition piece.

As far as I know the o' West revolver carriers never had Red Dots on their SAs.... Probably not a big market for the abomi.... err, a mount for the 'sight'. :)

bluetopper, I found a useful alternative for both my Ruger SuperBlackhawk .44 Mag and Taylor/Uberti 1873 Colt .45.

I used the "old" Testor's red model airplane enamel paint to put a drop on the tip of the 1873 front site, but today you can get blaze orange enamel at a craft store. On the Ruger, I got a bit more detailed since the back sight is not just a "v" groove. I painted the tip red, the next area left black, then a red strip, and the rest black.
That gives you 4 sight pictures if you hold the front sight at 6 o'clock on your target and just align the back sight even with all of the red and black strips at the various target distances. I shoot these guns at 15 yards, saving my Super Redhawk in .44 Mag and Casull in .454 for longer distances with red dot sights. When I could hold the Ruger still when I was younger, I shot 180-grain HPs at 200 yards at bowling pins.

Back