Red dot for M&P 15

Eazyeach

I'm thinking of getting a red dot sight for my mp15. I mainly use it to put holes in paper. And I keep it around for home defense as well. I'm not a 3 gun competitor or anything and I was wondering if I could get away with a $30 scope from Wally World or if I should save up for a more expensive model? Any input appreciated.

My dad owns a Tasco that he got on sale for around $30 that he hasn't complained about but I'm not sure of the exact model. Just do some research because I'm sure their is a lot of crap out there

22 or 223? If it's a 22 got to walmart and buy one of the cheap truglo red dots. I have one on my sig 22 (had it for 3 years) works perfect. If it's a 223 it won't last long

Home defense? You do not need real expensive, but a $30 scope might not last through the only encounter you need it for, especially if you take it out for plinking some.

Primary Arms' dots are $90 and Vortex about $180. Not up to EOTech or Aimpoint endurance, but are a more known quantity than the $30 special.

The Primary Arms red dots will do the job. Not fancy but work. Vortex Strikefires are nicer but still not a AimPoint or Eotech. I just never could justify the money on a AimPoint or Eotech for a optic when I can build another AR for the money. That's why I have a couple of Primary Arms and Strikefires. Vortex has a better CS dept but I haven't had any issues with either brands yet.

I agree with primary arms. For the money I haven't found a better deal. I have 3 and have never had an issue with any of them.

Look at the Bushnell TRS-25. Costs about $80.00 on Amazon, and when teamed with the mid-height riser offered, it co-witnesses with open sights. I bought one just to tide me over until I could afford an Aimpoint Pro, but I like it so much I'm just going to use the difference to buy more ammo.

I bought a UTG red dot and a UTG 3x magnifier for my S&W AR-15-22. It is very good quality and the magnifier swings away if you just want to use the red dot. Make sure the red dot and the magnifier are the same height for it to work, they usually have charts telling you which will match. you can buy both for about $100 on amazon.

Back