Recommendation for Stock Checkering

bimmer*tr

I picked up a custom Ruger 77 in 7mm08 with beautiful wood but it is not checkered. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go for checkering...hopefully in the Midwest? The figure in the stock I think would be enhanced with the right work.

Thanks, Bimmer

Sherry A. was trained by Kimber and has been checkering for 20+ years. The best part of her site - other than the pics - is the amount of info on checkering in general.

www.checkering.com/my_photos.htm

Third pic from the bottom is a Batman pattern.

Scroll to the bottom of that page for the link to her home page.

Thanks John...I looked through the photos and was impressed with her work. I asked for the information packet and can't wait to see it. I also have a custom Sako 579 with AAA wood that cries out for her expertise...

Paul

I hope it works out. I've read many good recommedations on line by folks who have had her do multiple guns, but I've never had her do any work. I'm sure there are other good checkerers out there, but I like her sort of down home, here's how I do it, approach. She even has advice for learning to do it yourself.

Remember, there's no perfect checkering if you look closely enough, just some that is much better than others.

Sherry A. was trained by Kimber and has been checkering for 20+ years. The best part of her site - other than the pics - is the amount of info on checkering in general.

Sherry was a local celebrity until she moved to the wild country. Her work is second to none. She inspired me to learn checkering. It's a small investment in tools and does take practice. With a little work you can do your own and have very nice results.

Back