Recommend me a youth scope

*tim*

Inactive
My son has a Cva youth hunter that needs a new scope. I was thinking a decent fixed power scope between 1 -3 power. It doesn't have to be high dollar and hoping to stay under $100

I've found that most any decent fixed 4X scope is plenty good between, say, twenty yards and 400 yards, other than little critters like prairie dogs. :) I've used Weaver K4s on various rifles for many decades.

If you wait for your next local gun show, should be able to pick up a decent one for twenty or thirty bucks. A fixed magnification is the least expensive scope.

fixed power scope between 1 -3 power
There are a few $25-$50 BSA's and Tasco's, and there's the $270 Leupold.
As far as I know, there is nothing in between. Low power, fixed power hunting scopes are pretty much a thing of the past.

Certainly nothing wrong with a 4X fixed or a decent variable. You can often find say a Tasco World Class or older Redfield at a gun show or pawn shop. I have a Bushnell 1.5-4.5 Dusk to dawn scope on my AR right now and it is a pretty good little scope for under $100. I also have a fixed 4X Redfield I bought at a gun show for $50 or so, that lives on a Knight ML and is perfect, no messing with powers etc.

Shotgu/ML for longer eye relief !!

Requirements for them won't be too different from BP.
I too would recommend a Shotgun/ML scope like the Simons Pro-Diamond, mainly for the longer eye-relief and will give your Lad a little more room. Most of these will be well within your price range. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

There is nothing under $100 that I'd advise bought new. It might be possible to find something used, but in my experience most are over priced. For $150 this is a darn good scope.

http://swfa.com/Burris-2-7x35-Fullfield-II-Rifle-Scope-P5972.aspx

There are a few others in the $150 range. I've seen some Nikon Prostaff's on sale for that and a few others. But I still consider the Burris the best in that price range.

Posted after reading you had found something. That should work well enough too.

I too would recommend a Shotgun/ML scope like the Simons Pro-Diamond, mainly for the longer eye-relief and will give your Lad a little more room. Most of these will be well within your price range. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

The vortex I bought has almost 5" of eye relief which was a major factor but if it don't work out the simons does look like a good deal

Back