recommend a thigh holster?

40CalGuy

I'm looking for recommendations on a drop-thigh holster. the part that most concerns me is the latch/release mechanism of the sidearm. I'm used to kydex holsters that are effectively friction holds... but I can't really do that here. the holster needs to be relatively universal and handle anything from a P226 TacOps to a CZ SP-01 Tactical to a Government 1911 to a compact gun like a Mosquito or a CZ75 Compact. Or maybe even a Desert Eagle or a Ruger Redhawk... just because.

I realize this has started pretty vague. I've never had a thigh holster before, so I'm not really sure where to start.

Custom ....

From the brands/pistol models you listed, a regular "drop leg" or SAS(Special Air Service) might need to be custom. :eek:
Not many SWAT guys or spec ops carry Desert Eagles in 2014.
The Bianchi "Cobra" & the milspec M12 or UM92 series can be converted quickly to a SAS style with add-ons.
The Blackhawk holsters might work for a few of your sidearms. They are nylon & easy to clean.
Blade-tech(thumb drive system) is in use by a few "operators" & SWAT units. These are polymer.
The Safariland AS7 is worth a look for Glocks. The new engineering & materials can protect the firearm.
Clyde

www.blackhawk.com www.blade-tech.com www.policehq.com www.safariland.com www.bianchi-intl.com

I don't need to carry the DE. that idea was more for laughs at the ridiculousness of it. most likely carry would be CZ97 / SP-01 / 1911 / USP. full sized.

the problem I have is mainly with the release system. if it's got a thumb snap or a button it'll drive me nuts. if I grab for it, it needs to come out without disengaging anything. maybe that means i'll be buying one for a specific pistol and will have to pick which pistol that will be.

Back