Recoil Pad for 40 yeaold Remington 1100

Hook686

I have a wood stock Remington 1100 circa 1975. I would like to put a recoil pad on it. I bought a recoil pad identified by midwayusa as being for the Remington 1100 wood stock shotgun. It did not fit. What have users of older Remington 1100 shotguns used for a recoil pad addition ?

Pachmayr, used or factory replacment.

Specifically on this shotgun, I have used Pachmayr as well as on other applications. Whenever I run into any replacement, I go to my parts guys and try to match it up by manufacturer and at times, that is hard to do, I just match up an No-name measure and trim. There use to be many manufacturers and not so much, any more. You did not say but what do you now have? I have also used kick-ease. I think that is how you say it. ... :confused:

http://pachmayr.com/home/recoil-pads.php

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Most older guns need a "grind-to-fit" pad. Buttplates don't always remain the same throughout a firearm's production life so finding a factory pad that is a direct bolt-on is always going to be a challenge.

The good is that grinding a pad is very easy. You can do a respectable job with only a belt sander or a disk sander chucked up in a drill.

near me

These guys are near me and can put a new, grind to fit pad on most anything. What you are willing to pay is another matter. However, they have a box full of old takeoff pads that might do for you as well. Supernice guys that might just solve it for you.

Country Gentleman Gunfitters, alabama

I have yet to see any recoil pad fit a wood stocked Remington perfectly in 51 years, except one Supercell put on a laminated stock 870. Best bet is a grind to fit and have it fitted. Take your pick; Pachmyr, Limbsaver, Supercell - they all work.

See if this helps ??

See if this helps. Now, you will still have to do some fitting as these are only meant to get you, in the ball-park. The mounting holes should be fine and they leave you plenty of material to accommodate your profile. I only mention this as some folks still want to show the Remington name. If you do decide to go this way, suggest you finalize the details with these folks. They are great to work with. On other recoils pads, you should always be aware that some have metal plates at their core or as I refer to them,, as "Bones". If you get into these, the project is scrap. :(

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/recoil-parts/recoil-pads/recoil-pad-prod22172.aspx

Good Luck and;
Be Safe !!!

Back